In March 2009 the Interaction Center WebClient go-live took place at the Impel Group. Interaction Center WebClient is one of the main elements of mySAP CRM dedicated to support the work of Contact Center. SI-Consulting made the first in Poland Interaction Center WebClient implementation and also the integration with Nortel CC switchboard; while Kapsch delivered the Nortel CC switchboard and the supporting and queuing calls application.
Interaction Center WebClient is an Internet application which can be fully customized as it has a range of functionalities supporting Contact Center’s work starting with client’s identification mechanisms, preview of client’s data and history of interaction, supporting scripts for agent’s conversation with a client, and up to entering data concerning contact with a client and distribution to the organization. On every level the agent has access to statuses and the percentage of completion of the client’s request, while his supervisor has tools for coordination of conducted activities. Interaction Center WebClient is a part of mySAP CRM system which means that all activities on Contact Center level (such as registration or update on clients data, registration of contact with a client) contribute to mySAP CRM system database. As a result, the data is at once available for other CRM users such as sales, operations, and marketing department employees.
Why was the implementation exceptional and unique?
Webclient was implemented in Poland for the first time
Impel Group’s Webclient implementation and integration with Nortel CC was the first such an implementation in Poland. It has shown that customer service is as important as marketing, sales, and support when it comes to CRM system implementation.
Utilizing a broad scope of Interaction Center WebClient functionalities and channels of communication
As a part of implementation for the Impel Group most of functions offered by Interaction Center WebClient were used.
Easier development of new functionalities
Flexibility of Webclient application and the resultant proper designing of it for the Impel Group allowed to develop and add further functionalities. That is why, for a dynamic company, such an application is not a limitation but an enhancement in servicing further processes.
Many companies, many products, many processes, many channels of communication—minimal client’s service time, easy interface, and unified standards of client’s service.
The implementation included numerous Impel Group companies (23 companies use infoline services, 5 operations services) from various lines of business, such as facility management, security and inner helpdesk services. Numerous business processes such as services and materials requests, customer complaints, damages, questions concerning products, or product infoline services are initialized in Contact Center. Despite of so many services, processes, and companies the implemented interface is intuitive and allows a prompt and efficient client service according to uniform standards.
Access to a wide data volume
Contact Center agents have access to a dynamically growing database. Just after several months they had several hundred thousand clients and contact persons along with client’s interaction history.
What did the informatization of Contact Center change in the Impel Group?
- The implementation of WebClient and the whole CRM system improved relationship with clients. In the case of WebClient through:
- Centralized and thorough client’s service—with CC implemented there is one central place where a client can make a request or an inquiry while the agent is familiar with procedures of prompt and efficient client service.
- Standardization of communication with a client and distribution oh his/her requests
- Organization—unifying communication does not mean restricting it. There are multiple channels of communication available for the client (telephone, fax, e-mail); however, they are all directed to one central unit. As a result, the same standard of service is guaranteed despite of the channel a client used to issue his/her request. The standardization applies not only to the clients service but also to request distribution within an organization.
- Requests monitoring—all interactions with clients are registered in the system and listed in the contact history. Telephone calls with clients are recorded, stored, and easily accessible for authorized employees just like e-mails and faxes. There is an unrestricted access to current statuses and request’s deadlines and if a deadline is not met notifications and alerts are sent.
- Improvement of provided services—with just one central communication channel there is no risk that clients’ inquiries will be overlooked which would have a negative effect on a relationship with a clients. Additionally, due to procedure standardization and the monitoring of quality and progress of service completion, the quality of the service and its completion on time are guaranteed.
- Prompt and adequate reaction to clients’ needs—both concerning new orders placement and complaints about the quality of received services.
- Telemarketing support—by implementation support tools for professional telemarketing campaigns.
- CC manager’s work support—by an access to up-to-date and historical contacts of an agent with a client
How to make Call Center configuration to increase effectiveness?
Interaction Center WebClient is a flexible and customized tool. The functionalities in an application are chosen depending on client’s needs. For example, in the case of CC implementation for marketing department one may focus the functionalities around documenting potential leads, for telemarketing department around generating list of clients-to-call, for sales department around clients’ orders. That is why pre-implementation analysis is so crucial. The better the processes that should be included in the implementation are analysed and detailed, the lower the risk of omission of valid aspects influencing the whole implementation. Not only CC specialists should take part in the analysis but also specialists from company’s other departments such as sales, marketing, and operations. The fundamental assumption of a successful CC implementation is designing agent’s display in such a way that the time of client’s service was as effective as possible (prompt and efficient service) with maintaining a smooth client’s service process in the whole organization.
In the Impel Group the number of companies included in the implementation constantly grows. Versatility and flexibility of tools and proper pre-implementation analysis ensure that every joining company, despite the line of business it operates in, may fully use Interaction Center WebClient with all its merits.
Joanna Zapaśnik—senior SAP CRM consultant in SI-Consulting S.A. (Inc.)
Joanna Zapaśnik has over 7 years of proven track record in IT systems implementation including 5 year experience in SAP CRM implementations both in Poland and abroad. Mrs. Zapaśnik has also experience in SAP CRM and SAP ERP integration as well as SD module proven by CRM and SD certificates. She was the leading consultant in the CRM team during the largest SAPM CRM implementation in Poland.