INTEGRATE SAP WITH A BDO PLATFORM
The BDO register (Database on products, packaging, and waste management) and keeping records of waste on the platform https://rejestr-bdo.mos.gov.pl in an electronic form is an obligation that applies to many entrepreneurs in Poland. Companies that use the SAP system can integrate recordkeeping activities in both systems. So far, these activities have been conducted in two ways - on the BDO platform and, in parallel, also in SAP.
WHY INTEGRATING THE SAP SYSTEM WITH THE BDO PLATFORM IS WORTH IT?
The SI-BDO tool means:
- reduction of the workload related to manual data input via https://rejestr-bdo.mos.gov.pl,
- reducing the number of erroneous entries requiring correction,
- data registered in the SAP system are a direct source of the registry entries on the BDO platform,
- the integration enables the production of necessary documents in real mode, which reduces the time associated with transport processing (Waste Transfer Card [WTC], and WTC Confirmation).
- availability of WTC printouts in SAP and WTC confirmations generated on the platform https://rejestr-bdo.mos.gov.pl
- review of waste releases along with their processing status.
OUTLINE OF OVERALL ARCHITECTURE
- The API of the BDO platform was made in a technology that enables automatic generation of a client's code (in accordance with the OpenAPI standard) - thanks to this, efficient integration with the SAP system is possible.
- Card printouts are made available from the Document Service controller as PDF files. Documents transferred in this way from the BDO platform in the form of PDF files can be saved to disk or opened directly in a PDF viewer.
- From the SAP system side, the received PDF files can be saved as attachments related to the Outbound Delivery object or a Transport Order object (in the database or if it exists on the Content Server).
LEGAL BASIS - AMENDMENT OF THE ACT ON WASTE
In connection with the amendment to the Act on waste of July 24, 2019, entrepreneurs are obliged to register and record waste turnover electronically. They are required to record entries in the BDO register and to keep records of waste (production/transfer/transport) on the https://rejestr-bdo.mos.gov.pl platform. In the case of issuing waste, the issuing entity registered in the BDO is obliged to produce a Waste Transfer Card, which indicates the amount and type of waste transferred and the entities involved (transporting, collecting). The driver transporting the waste is obliged to have the WTC confirmation generated by the transferor.
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AND FIND OUT IF SI-BDO IS A TOOL YOUR COMPANY NEEDS
- Is the company registered in the Database on products, packaging, and waste management?
- Does the company produce waste and is it obliged to generate a waste transfer card (WTC)?
- How many WTCs are produced in one month?
- How are WTCs generated today?