On July 1, 2016, amendments to the Tax Code regarding the provision of data by taxpayers at the request of tax authorities in the form of Standard Audit File (JPK) will come into force. This means that companies are required to adapt their IT systems so that they can generate detailed data for inspection.
SI-Consulting in cooperation with the Olesiński & Wspólnicy Law Firm offers full support in the area of adapting SAP solutions to new regulations.
What is JPK?
JPK is a logical structure that allows taxpayers to submit, at the request of tax authorities, all or part of tax books and accounting documents in electronic form for the period indicated by the authority. The request will concern periods already settled. The logical structure was published in the Public Information Bulletin of the Ministry of Finance.
Important! Failure to implement JPK and failure to provide data at the request of tax authorities may result in penal and fiscal liability.
Who is affected by the changes?
Large enterprises will be affected the fastest, because of the scale of their operations, they process a very large number of documents, transactions of large volumes, often conduct foreign trade, and carry out transactions with related entities. Large enterprises are entities that, within the meaning of the section on the freedom of economic activity, employ over 250 employees or their annual turnover is at least 50 million euros, and the total assets of the balance sheet exceed 43 million euros.
For medium and small companies, the deadline for adapting IT systems is July 1, 2018. In the period from July 1, 2016, to July 1, 2018, submitting documentation for tax audits in the form of JPK by MŚP will not be obligatory.
Support for SI-Consulting in cooperation with the Olesiński & Wspólnicy Law Firm
In the field of comprehensive implementation of the functionality of the Standard Audit File in SAP systems, SI-Consulting experts cooperate with the Olesiński & Wspólnicy Law Firm.
Our common goal is to ensure your safety in using the new tool by:
- professional support of tax advisers in the process of JPK implementing,
- minimizing the risk related to the incorrect interpretation of the guidelines of the Ministry of Finance or failure to provide the company with appropriate procedures allowing for proper recording of data subject to tax inspection.
As an experienced partner in the implementation of IT solutions, we offer enterprises using ERP solutions based on SAP software full support in the process of adapting the company to e-tax audits, from the stage of IT systems audit.
The process of analyzing existing IT systems and verifying their readiness for implementation and generating a file in the format required for JPK should start as soon as possible. To prepare for the planned changes, first of all:
- analyze processes in the company and identify areas requiring changes,
- introduce new functionalities to accounting systems, develop tools generating the required information in XML format and implement the modified software,
- verify the technical correctness of the generated files,
- make a substantive analysis of the correctness of the data prepared for the control purposes - simulated e-control.
Questions and answers
Is there a ready solution for SAP customers?
SI-Consulting in cooperation with a reputable tax advisor - the Olesiński & Wspólnicy Law Firm - has designed and is currently working on a pilot implementation of the JPK Wizard - a proprietary product designed to meet the requirements for generating a Standard Audit File.
Is it not enough to upload SAP notes?
Regardless of whether your company decides to wait for the solution to be published by SAP or to use the proprietary product of SI-Consulting - the JPK Wizard - software installation is not enough. It is also necessary to make its implementation. The main challenges to be considered are:
- Not all customers keep records of all data required by the Ministry (e.g. invoice receipt date). This may result in the need to change the parameterization of the ERP system itself. Perhaps also organizational procedures in the company.
- Each system is adapted to the requirements of a specific client, there are many extensions and modifications in it, information can be recorded in various ways and in different modules - therefore, it is not possible to provide a solution that will work without adjusting it. It will be necessary to adjust the data extractors each time.
- The very interpretation of the requirements and guidelines of the Ministry still raises many doubts, in many cases, it will require consultation with a tax advisor to minimize the risk of providing incorrect data.
What will the project look like?
SI-Consulting in cooperation with the Olesiński & Wspólnicy Law Firm has developed a methodology for implementing the Standard Audit File. The first phase of implementation is to perform the source data analysis together with the client and to determine their availability in the SAP system. The next step is to map the identified data to the structures required by the tax authorities. In case of lack of data in the SAP system - to develop procedures for their recording and loading JPK. At this stage, it is important to provide the support of a tax advisor who can identify the risk related to the lack of appropriate data and propose an effective way to mitigate the risk. The next phase is the Implementation, i.e. the parameterization of the JPK Wizard and the introduction of any changes in the ERP system itself. The Testing Phase includes verifications of the technical correctness and completeness of the generated files, or tests of selected business processes in the event of any changes in them. The Start-up Preparation Phase includes the preparation of a solution on a productive system, a definition of file acceptance and archiving procedures, control procedures, and a training workshop for users. The JPK generation phase, apart from the preparation of actual files in the required format, may also include substantive verification of data correctness (e-control simulation) - this requires the involvement of a tax advisor.
How long will it take to implement?
Depending on the complexity of the processes, the degree of use of the SAP system standard, and the availability of data necessary for JPK, the implementation of the solution should normally be within the range of 2 to 3 months.
Please contact us if you are interested in taking advantage of the SI-Consulting offer in the field of safe preparation for new legal regulations